Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Do you know what to do after finding a mold infestation growing in your home or business? Finding a full-blown mold infestation doesn't occur all too often and the first time discovering a mold problem can be very confusing. We urge our local community to call our SERVPRO of San Diego East team as quickly as possible! Due to the nature of mold, it can quickly grow, spread, and cause a ton of damage. So waiting to call your local mold remediation experts can lead to costly damages with prolonged restoration times.
Take a second to review our Mold Damage Tips down below to learn more about the Do's and Don'ts of mold!
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (619) 280-2377
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of San Diego East for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of San Diego East has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- San Diego
- San Carlos
- Del Cerro
- Allied Gardens
- College West
- College East
- Lake Murray